Thursday, July 7, 2016

Im Home!!!

with my whole family
So I have been meaning to post one more entry just to tell about my arrival to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It was pretty great. The last few days in the mission were somewhat stressful but great all at the same time. We had our last interviews with President and I got to buy my last souvenirs (lots of them).

We left Wednesday at 6pm, the time we had to be at the airport. We took lots of goodbye pictures and went off. We arrived in Lima at about 9pm and sat around in the airport until 2am AND I was the only Hermana with a whole bunch of Elders. It was fun! Then at about 8am, we arrived in Los Angeles. It was super confusing because I was with all of the Elders through customs and at the end, the lady checked my ticket and told me to go to a whole different line to get checked through security! What the heck!? Then, I was all alone. I didn't like that. But, after about an hour or so of going through more security, finding the gate, and meeting random guys from Chile who only spoke Spanish and wanted to hold my bags for me, I found the group. And, at 11:05 I boarded the plane to Las Vegas with Elder Webb (who is also from Las Vegas). We thought that it was going to be the longest plane ride of our lives but before we knew it, we were right over Las Vegas and I was kinda freaking out. I bet Elder Webb got annoyed of me but I was overly excited to see my family! We landed and we walked so fast. I could not sit still. After getting off the plane we booked it. Even ran to get on the tram. (I was not going to wait any longer than I had to to see my family). We got to the escalator that went down to baggage claim and I saw my dad. I just lost it then. I started crying and hugged all of them. It was a crazy rush of emotions. We took pictures, got my bags, and went to Cafe Rio!!  It was a crazy two days.

Since I have been home, I have been so happy to be in the company of my family! I  love them so much. We have been able to go to the temple, take a trip to Utah and just do all kinds of family stuff. I even got a job working with my dad and sister! I am so happy. The mission has made me recognize how important family is. I love them so much and I feel so blessed to have them in my lives again. I am so happy that I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, where I know who I am and I know God's plan. I know that I can find happiness in the simplicity of life. I am so happy. I am thankful for the faith that I have been able to grow in this time. I am thankful for my mission and the time that I spent coming unto Christ. I want to share this with everyone.

I will be giving my final homecoming talk this Sunday, July 10th at 9am in the Red Rock Stake Center on Alta and Town Center. All are welcome to come. and then at 6:30 those who would like to come over and see meeee :) are welcome to come! Text me for details 7026068559.

I love you all and thanks for reading my blog for so long!
-Emily Wattles


Dad 

Mom 









temple for the first
Petting zoo in Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment