Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week one at the CCM

 
 With such limited time to email, I'm sharing some excerpts from her email to me...


Hermana Wattles at the Lima CCM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! All of us are frantically trying to email as fast as we can because it is literally timed!
Okay so this week has been THE LONGEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! Spanish is so hard let me tell you! A lot harder and more stressful than I thought it would be! I love it though and I know it is the language that I was meant to learn. My companion is awesome. Her name is Hermana Miceli!! Everyone here is so nice and I have already learned so much! It is so hard talking to the latinos and sometimes it gets so frustrating but I've gotten to the point where I can talk to them and that feels so great!!! So to answer your question about the CCM.... yes it is like a prison but I love it. We follow such strict schedules and there are so many rules. We are in class and learning from the time that we wake up to the time that we go to bed and often times it is hard to find time to complete the things they ask of us. I love all of the Hermanas here and all of the Elders too!! Everyone is so kind and we all have the same purpose!
OH.. and I already got sick but I'm fine now! I had the worst cramps I've ever had in my life and I was so dizzy I felt like I was going to faint. Hermana Gonzoles (the president's wife) said that it was a virus that people new to Peru get! So lots of people got it. I'm fine now though because I got a blessing and I took medicine.
We've already shared two Book of Mormons. Elder Fritz from Canada stuck his head out of the bus and handed one to the car next to us and the zone leader handed one to a lady in the market today. I asked her if she wanted it and he finished. "¿usted quere un libro de mormon?" haha it was awesome. I am so excited to go on my mission in Cusco already but I know that I am not ready with the language but ah I just love this and its so amazing!
I love you and I miss you so much! You are the best and dont worry about me I'll just be bus surfing every Wednesday! (so fun) hahahah
Love you Mom!!
Hermana Wattles

No comments:

Post a Comment