Monday, April 27, 2015

Wow, what a week!

Okay, so I'm just going to talk about our wonderful baptism because it was just amazing ya.. hahah 

We had the baptism of Hermana Casi  (The one who only speaks Quechua). It was so beautiful! We walked up the normal five flights of stairs to go get her. Oh, can I mention that she walks those stairs every Sunday just so that she can get to church and she is always early! Anyways, we walk up to her house and right as we enter she is just ecstatic to get going. She was wearing a brand new skirt and a cute hat. It was so Cute!!! Then we walked down those stairs with her and down to the church. She sat there patiently and waited to be baptized. The whole time, she had the biggest smile on her face, it just warmed my heart. Finally she was baptized and the spirit was so strong. She had been waiting for this. After, we walked up with her to her house and she pointed at the pigs. We had no idea what she wanted us to do because she speaks Quechua but eventually we figured out that she wanted us to bring them into her house so we drag her pigs into her house by a rope. It was an interesting experience but really fun, ahha. The baptisms of these faithful people just warm my heart. They are changing their whole lives, but it is definitely for the better. I hope that everyone can one day feel that spirit that was felt during her baptism. I love her and I love all of the people here! I can not wait to see what this amazing adventure brings! I love you all from the bottom of my heart. More importantly, God loves you individually!

Have an amazing week!!
-Hermana Wattles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment