Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Vacation?? (March 30th)

I title this "Vacation" for two reasons... 1. because this place literally is a freaking vacation and 2. because I actually went on a vacation this week haha oops. It was awesome. We went to Cusco on Thursday. The drive there is ten hours BLECK! We got there and did a little shopping. I ate a REAL hamburger OMG HEAVEN and then afterwards we went to pinkberry... they have a pinkberry here. Anyone who REALLY REALLY knows me... like Elder Hecker (who worked at a yogurt shop) KNOWS my deep obsession for frozen yogurt. So yeah that was basically bliss. So that day was unforgetable ahahahah take advantage of your heavenly american food and think of me next time you eat FroYo. So the next day, I woke up at 3AM yuckkkk and we went to the airport at 4. The whole day I spent in Lima with ALL elders... I was the only Hermana! ... My font just changed to italics idk why... So that day was great but long and HOT. I got to see some elders from the CCM and talk to someone who understood my struggles of a new missionary who didn't get spanish yet. Elder Jones and I got to teach a woman in Migraciones and it was so amazing but suprisingly so incredibly hard. WE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH.. that's a first. It was amazing though. She's going to be living here as a missionary for her catholic church and she really appreciated all of the other work that religions do to help build up a religious community! She was awesome. Cusco and Lima were awesome!
Anyways, the rest of this week has been amazing! We are teaching two separate girls who really want to be baptized and we plan on giving them a date this week! How rewarding?! We also have a woman who we gave a date yesterday for three weeks. She only speaks Quechua so it will sure be an adventure! I can't wait. Even though we speak different languages, she loves us so much and I just know that within a couple days, the Gospel has touched her life profoundly. This church is true. I would like to share my amazing spiritual experience for the week. This week My testimony on prayer has been greatly strengthened. Heavenly Father WILL grant us our righteous desires if we ask with real intent, having Faith in Christ. I testify that this IS the truth! I pray for the strength to be obedient and the ability to understand this language everyday and my prayers are answered. It is so amazing. Nothing is easy.. NOTHING IS EASY, but through fervent prayer it has become SO much easier. Heavenly Father has blessed me as well as each and everyone of you. You Only Live Once so live a life that you will be able to stand in front of Christ and be proud of. I love you guys.
Read. Pray. and Assist.... is that the right word?
(assist church) :)

-Hermana Wattles

 



No comments:

Post a Comment