Monday, October 5, 2015

Oh What a Beautiful Life

Helllloooo. These pdays come and go like seconds in the real world. Hahah, the real world... this mission is realer than any life I have ever lived. I am so thankful for all of the many blessing that I have and the wonderful opportunity that it is to grow spiritually so much. I really am, and the Gospel has taken such an impact on my life, an impact that can never be taken or destroyed. I have this testimony that is growing every minute that I exercise my faith in the Lord and demonstrate love to the people around me.
 
This week was a marvelous week and I couldn't feel more blessed to be here in J, Peru. My absolute favorite thing that happened this week was actually the saturday of Conference. Last week we actually didn't know that it was conference weekend and so we booked a bunch of citas right on top of conference..... One of them fell right between the two sessions and so we decided to keep it. On conference day, all of the missionaries started talking about where they were going to eat for luch and all of their free time. We started to get worried because we wanted to eat and have free time but we had this appointment of a new investigator and we didn't know what to do. We came to the conclusion that we still needed to go and that it was more important to meet with this girl than go to lunch. So, we ran to the other church building and met up with her. Let me tell you, that was just an amazing lesson. The spirit was so strong and we felt the love of God for her burn in our hearts. We could feel her desire to learn and the curiosity that stood out so much stronger than that of all of our other investigators. It was truly miraculous. At the end of the lesson, we invited her to be baptized. Once she came to the knowledge that these truths and principles were true, she quickly accepted. That was such a blessing to me and I know that the Lord is concecrating our efforts. I love this work and I know that the Lord's hand is in it. I know that sometimes we hit low points in life where we can not really see the benefit of it all but I can testify that all things happen for a reason and nothing passes without God, our Heavenly Father taking note of it. I know he loves us and that in our toughest roughest moments is where we truly learn the absolute most. I am growing. I am learning. The Lord is shaping me through everything I am doing and passing through. I know that the rest of my mission is going to be hard but I've made it half way. Actually the Lord has pushed me this half way and I know he won't give up on me now. I love him. I rejoice that he is my Savior. He is your Savior and loves you. I wish you all an amazing week filled with lots of smile and laughter. Enjoy the life you have. It's short. 
 
I love you with all of my heart.
Funny Story of the week:
First of all when Hermana M first got here, we were sitting in the bus and talking about food. She asked me what's something different here. I told her Chicken foot soup. She looked at me and told me,"you can't eat chicken feet" "yes you can" I
said.... and last week we ate it. :) Good ol chicken foot soup.

cuidense
-Hermana Wattles

conference pics
We don't have a phone this week so ... so many pay phones

No comments:

Post a Comment