Monday, February 8, 2016

CRAZY CRAZY

I would put cray cray but I figured that might be out of style. I'm not really sure how long I've been out here at this point... but that's okay. Right now I am in Cusco, in an internet, listening to all of the tourists pass by! I don't think I have ever seen so many gringos (white people) in my life!!!! This week was a really good one! We taught J... (a 19 year old kid who's progressing very well) We were able to set a baptismal date! 27 of February! I am so happy! He is seriously so ready and his desire to learn and grow is so great! He understands what we teach him and he really thinks about it! We have a family home evening with him tonight and I'm so excited!

This week we have been in the process of moving rooms.. that was hard. We painted, cleaned, packed and moved. This morning, the elders came over and helped us move all of our stuff! It was crazy! We did it in less than an hour and we had nothing planned out. BUT we are in our room now and its all good! It's a lot better and a lot safer.
Funny/ not funny: Last week we taugt a husband and his wife. The husband has been coming every Sunday to church for a while now, but the wife has never come. We commited her to come with the condition that we would come and get her...........(our sector is a mountain... Cusco is hilly and has lots of mountains, and our sector has the highest hill and she lives... AT THE TOP OF IT) So we got there on Sunday and 9 in the morning and she tells us she doesn't want to go. Man.. that was a bummer. Oh well.. good exercise right?
I feel so blessed to be here though! I love Cusco and I'm glad that now I can actually say that I served in Cusco. I love this ward. I love the members. I love my investigators. I love my sector and I really love my companion. 
When we really stop to think about it, the Lord gives us so much. so much to be greatful for. I love that. It's just another way to make us happy. I hope you all have a great week. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that it is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I love him. I know that Heavenly Father loves us. I know that he loves you. I know that if you want to know something, you can ask him and he will respnd. I hope all of you can come to feel his love because it's there. I love you all so so much! I hope you all have an amazing week!! (those who still read this ahha)
con mucho amor y ariño
Hermana Wattles

No comments:

Post a Comment