Monday, August 31, 2015

Wow, what an amazing week this was! We had a lot of lessons with members and investigators and My love for these people is growning every second of the day. I love the mission and everyday is a new breathtaking experience that I get to experience with my best friend. This week we had ward mission night and the funniest thing happened... (well it was actually a little scary, haha) We were about to go to the church and we stopped at a store to contact the lady in the store. I decided that I wanted to buy juice but they only had a gigantic juice for like the size of three families and I kept asking her how much it was and she wasn't paying attention so there was a man behind us and he looks at me and he goes, "I'll buy it what do you want I'll buy you whatever you want" and we just looked at him and told him we were fine but he persisted. He continued to invite us out for dinner and to spend time with him for the night and so we told him that we had an activity in the church and that if he wanted to come, he was more than welcome. So he bought us the juice and walked with us to the church. For a while, he talked to the Elders but once they had to leave, he started asking us to go to dinner with him. He was super nice! But just kept asking and we kept telling him no we have to stay in the activity. He really didn't understand and kept calling us guapas (The girl version of handsome). Finally he gave up and went to say goodbye to us but he totally went in for a kiss. I put my hand on him and said " WOAH ASI NO MAS ESTA BIEN" it freaked me out but he was super nice hahah. ....life of a ginga in Juliaca.... and we did contact him! super nice!
 
At the end of the night we went to go say goodbye to our pensions daughter and her boyfriend. They've been through a rough past and her boyfriend is slowly listening and coming to church and making some huge changes in his life. When we went to say bye they both looked at us and told us,"we have some big news... We're going to get married."  We were esstatic! We freaked out and ran out the church and went and bought half of a chicken and ate it all up because we were so happy. We also took lots of pictures of how happy we were! They are the best and if you were here you'd understand how amazing a marriage is..... Not very many people get married here. Wow happy day.
I love the mission so much and I am so happy to be here with Hermana Morris!! We are laughing in every moment and our quotes are crazy up the wall funny!!!! We also try to translate every single one of the american sayings that there are!
This work is so amazing and I know that the Lord's hand is in all of it. Be obedient, Love, Serve, and live everyday like it's your last and just smile and laugh it all off. Life was never meant to be gloomy. I love all of you and I hope you have an amazing week. Dont forget to smile a little more!!!!
Les Quiero muchoooo

-Hermana Wattles
PS this is a whole cake that we ate in the street because we were just that happy that day! <3
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Monday, August 24, 2015
 
I love the mission. But I hate this keyboard that I am using. The space bar doesn't work.....
anywho... I am feeling so amazing right about now. This mission is amazing, the people are amazing, the things I learn every single day are such a blessing to me. This week was a speedy one. It came and went so fast... like when I eat food... all the sudden it's just gone and I just don't understand how and it makes me so sad. BUTTTT this week was a really good one. A lot of our appointments fell but we also had a lot of good ones! The revelation between me and my companion is on point. We end up studying the same things every day without knowing and we always have the same impressions to go to the same place and talk to the same people. The Lord really knows what he's doing.. let me tell you! We actually found lots of cool people this week that seem super ready and prepared. I love it and it just touches my heart. The first man that we found is the neighbor of our pension and he was outside doing yard work so we went to go talk to him. Finds out that he thought we worshiped Joseph Smith. Once we cleared that one up real quick and told him we worship our Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is our only Savior and Redeemer, he started asking us so many questions and showed that he was super interested. He says that he is super religous but there are just certain things that he doesn't agree with in his church. The more we talked, the more interested he was. It made me super duper happy. The other really cool one that we talked to was Hugo! We walked passed his store and I stopped. I felt that we needed to go talk to him and turned out that just three days ago, he gave up his old life and started reading the Bible to become a changed person. I really feel like Heavenly Father was preparing him for us. He was super interested in the fact that today we have a living prophet who speaks to us just like Moses, Adam, Abraham and all the others. He was super impressed and I really feel like he's ready and I know that this Gospel will change his life.

Funny moment/ Sad moment of the week: Okay so my mission bag is pretty jank right now and the buckle thingy never stays shut and it always pops open. Super annoying! So one day we were walking down the street away from lunch and it snapped for like the 100th x 99th time that day and I was so irritated that ( without thinking and using my new vocab) I said "AH freaking bolsa yo quiero sofocar alguien!" Maybe it wasn't too funny but the minute it came out of my mouth I couldn´t stop laughing.
 
Don't have pictures this week so here's one of me and my companion with our matching blankets <3

Les AMO
Hermana Wattles

No comments:

Post a Comment