Monday, March 7, 2016

WOW

I don't even know where to start.?¡?¡ Maybe I'll go in chronological order. Yeah.

Last Monday, I went to Machu Picchu! In our mission, we all get the opportunity to go at least once.. and I went my once! It was amazing! We left at 2 in the morning, took a bus, then a train, then a bus and we were there at 10 in the morning! It was so beautiful! We got to walk around and listen to what everything means and learn a lot about how it was made and discovered. Such an extraordinary experience. I got yelled at like 20 million times because they didn't explain to us that you cant jump... so I jumped and they made me delete my pictures.. RUDE: but I kept one. the security guard looks at my camera and goes, there's still one. NOOO I said... I deleted them all. He was so mad at me. I snuck this goodie in!  After Machu Picchu, we enjoyed our last week together because I got changes! I'm going to another area in Cusco and I'm going to be my companions sister leader so it's okay. haha

J... (the one who just got baptized) is AMAZING! We went to church on Sunday and went to all the classes and at the end, J... tells us that he took up a job in the mines and that he won't be able to come to church for a whole month. We were pretty bummed about that. Well I was kind of upset because in reality, Satan is so sneaky and I know that 4 weeks without church is bad news sooo.. Hermana A... and I talked and we decided that we needed to talk to him and tell him that he can't go. So, we head towards his house and on the way to his house, we remembered that his whole family was going to be there and we can't talk to him alone because he's a guy (mission rules). So, we see the Elders in the street and they're about to hop on a bus so we start yelling ELDERS and running after them from 2 blocks down. We caught them and asked them if they could go and talk to J... alone for us. They agreed and we switched appointments. We saw them at night and asked them how it went and J... IS STAYING!!!!  Oh my gosh, so happy. He said that he felt a bad feeling about it and the Elders taught him more about the Holy Ghost and how he now has that gift with him and that is why he feels bad! Oh my, I am so so happy! I feel like he is truly converted!

This work makes me so happy and I can't imagine myself anywhere else! I know the Gospel is true and I know that Christ is our savior. I know that the gospel really makes us happy! Thank you all for being such an amazing example! I love you!

-Hermana Wattles



Oh don't worry... I have lots of awkward moments!
1) So this Saturday, we had a meeting with our mission leader and we were trying so hard to get there on time and we were walking so fast. I entered the church and barged right in to the room where we have our meetings and looked at them. The Elders stared at me with the most awkward/annoyed faces. I was so confused and I look down and they're right in the middle of a lesson with a progressing ivestigator and I just barged right in and interrupted.... I was a little embarrassed.
2) Friday, we were walking to lunch and a group of Americans look at us and say, Hey the Hermanas... So, I stop dead in my tracks to say hi to them and they just keep walking... I was staring at them as they were walking away.. Wow, I felt awkward. they even commented walking away. THEN Sunday they're in our ward. So, I go up to talk to them and they ask me, "Were you the Hermana from the other day who stopped??".. Oh, my I felt so uncomfortable! But they were so so so nice! They're going to do the Inca trail today and I am so jealous! I want to do it so bad!

I have the coolest mission!

I love you all! Sorry this is so long!

-Herm Wattles

No comments:

Post a Comment