Monday, April 18, 2016

ANOTHER good week

Wow, I don't even know where to start! This week we went to concilio (a big counsel that we have every month for the leaders of the mission to talk about how we can improve) and it was the best! I love it so much! I always feel the spirit so strong!

This week we left the house early to go and teach an old couple. They were so cute and they made me so happy. The first time that we met the lady, she seemed so angry as if she didn't want to see us. BUT she's a less active and we don't give up on the less actives! So we made an appointment with her and her husband (who didn't want to meet with us). We walked in and sat down. We start out asking them when they got baptized and why and the sister just starts crying and pouring out her heart about how she wants so badly to go to the temple with her family so that they can be together forever. She expressed it so strongly. We talked to her and her husband and we assured them that we, as missionaries, are here to help her have an eternal family! Her face lit up and you could just tell that she felt so comforted! I love the spirit. We ended with a prayer and went to say bye. When I went to hug her, she gave me the tightest hug ever and I just felt the warmth of the spirit. Wow, it was just one of those super tender moments.

One day, we were walking up and down a street trying to find people to teach and contact and after about 30 minutes of that, we decided to walk to our next appointment when a man in a taxi with his little two year old boy drive towards us. The man looked at us, with tears in his eyes, and goes, "HERMANAS! help me I'm a member! Please help me!!" So my companion goes up to him and asks him what was wrong. He explains that his wife had cheated and ran away. He wanted to talk to her and make things better but didn't know where she was. So my companion called her and explained that we were missionaries and that we had found her number and wanted to share something with her. She accepted and told us to meet her in the nearest gas station. We looked at the man and told him to go and call us later. So, the next day we try calling them but no one answers and then we got caught up doing other things. Night comes and after we finish planning, I have the phone and we get a phone call... from her. I answer and hear his voice. I asked him how he was and how the other day went. He said that he got there and she was waiting for us but they ended up talking and left as a family again. And now he wants to meet with us! Wow, it was so amazing. We also found out that he is a returned missionary! I felt like it was a miracle!

Funny stories:
We went and visited a less active and we are sitting in her kitchen with her granddaughter and we just start laughing about all of our inside jokes and this little girl is laughing with us even though she doesn't get it and after about 15 minutes, she goes, you guys are so funny. You should be jokes on tv. Then I was laughing so hard and moving my body around and the chair squeaks and she looks at me and goes ahh Hermana Wattles, I think you just farted. hahah it was so funny. She was so cute!

I love the mission so much and I feel like I am learning new things everyday! It is amazing how the Lord makes us grow, especially when we are willing. I love it so much. I love the mission so much! I know that my Savior lives and loves me too. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and that he loves me unconditionally. I hope that you all have an amazing week! I love you so much.
 
 -Hermana Emily Wattles


pictures:
me with Hermana M... and Hermana E...! Hermana E... is dying tomorrow (going home) good thing I have lots more time :)
me with a painting of NPC nuestro padre celestial (our Heavenly Father)

and a few more...


No comments:

Post a Comment