Monday, November 30, 2015

feliz semana... ya hahah this week was an interseting one. I don't remember much that happened but my comp was sick again :(. We had the sister leaders this week and I was with my favorite Hermana Love!!
 
This week two 20 year old boys got baptized! They weren't our converts but the baptism was so beautiful and it made me so thankful to be here serving the lord. I know that I am supposed to be here and this is where he needs me. I love him with all my heart.
 
We also went to a little pueblo outside of J because I had never been there and we thought maybe there might be some people who are interested in the gospel. Nope, But we got a picture of me being wind blown.
 
This week we did have one really great lesson. I was with the sister leader and we went to teach an investigator who at first had been very skeptical and not sure. she didn't listen very much and I don't think she was super interested. With Hermana Love, we taught the restoration and by the end her son and her said that they would pray, come to church, and if they found out that this church was true that they would think about being baptized. That was pretty amazing because that is probably one of the best lessons I have had in a couple weeks. I felt so good and I know that the Lord is with us.
 
I am so happy to be here and I know that this is where the Lord wants me. Sometimes things are hard and we don't know why but my favorite scripture says to trust in the Lord with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5-6) so that is just what we have to do. I love him and I trust in him 100%.
 
I know that this church is true and that it really does bless people. I've seen it in the lives of others and in my own life. Heavenly Father really does love us each individually. He knows us. Better than any other person.
 
I love you all so much and I feel so blessed to have such amazing people that support me in all that I do. I love you.
 
-Hermana Wattles
 
half funny moment.... (well at least I thought it was funny)
 
This week a couple missionary came to do family history and they speak Spanish but not enough to be alone with the people so I was the only available translator. I was running around helping members with their questions, translating, explaining, helping my sick companion and ah everything. Well, I found a little break and I was talking to the recent convert and he was holding some cake. I asked him if I could have some. I was starving. And he just looks at me and tells me to eat it with my hand... so I do... duh. and in that moment, everyone needs my help again and I'm trying to talk and shake hands and help people with cake all over me. ahhaha
Sometimes you just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment